Moving to Kitchener
Kitchener Apartments and housing rentals
For information on your rights as a tenant go to the Ontario Tenants Most Asked Questions and Answers page.
You may also want to check the following pages: Cambridge Community Servcies Directory and the Waterloo Community Services Directory.
This is also a helpful list for those who are moving to Kitchener Canada, not just those looking for Kitchener apartments.
City of Kitchener, main page
How to contact your City of Kitchener Mayor and City Councillors
City of Kitchener, Municipal Code
Region of Waterloo
Region of Waterloo By-laws
Waterloo Region Garbage and Recycling information,
Waterloo Region Household Hazardous Waste,
see HHW Drop Off locations and times,
for proper disposal of hazardous waste such as batteries, fluorescent and compact fluorescent lamps (as they contain mercury,) pharmaceuticals, paints, solvents, pesticides, etc..
- Be WebAware, for Parents to keep your children safe when on the Internet>
- Child Care Connection, (519) 741-1811
- Family and Child Services of the Waterloo Region, 200 Ardelt Ave., Kitchener, (519) 576-0540
- Kitchener Waterloo Multicultural Centre, 102 King Street West, Kitchener, (519) 745-2531
- K-W Youth Collective
- United Way of Kitchener Waterloo and Area
- The Working Centre, 58 Queen St. S., Kitchener, (519) 743-1151
- YMCA of Kitchener-Waterloo, Cross Cultural & Community Services, 800 King St. W., 3rd Flr., Kitchener, (519) 579-9622 ext. 253
Food Bank of Waterloo Region
House of Friendship of Kitchener, Men's Hostel, 63 Charles St E, Kitchener, (519) 742-8327
Mary's Place - YWCA, 84 Frederick St, Kitchener, (519) 744-0120
Argus Residence for Young People, ages 16-24 years, (519) 650-0452 (residence for women) or, (519) 623-7991 (residence for men)
Telehealth Ontario 1-866-797-0000 for health advice over the phone
Walk in and Community Health Clinics
We recommend you telephone a clinic in advance to ensure the clinic will be open and a doctor will be available when you plan to arrive.
(Sorry, I can't list the hours and days of service as they can change and it is too much work on a volunteer basis to keep track and update such detailed information.)
Kitchener Downtown Community Health Centre, 59 Frederick Street, Main Floor, Kitchener, (519) 745-4404
Grand River Hospital, 835 King St. West, Kitchener, (519) 742-3611
St. Mary's General Hospital, 911 Queen's Boulevard, Kitchener, (519) 744-3311
Doctor Search, a service provided by the
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario